Sunday, October 10, 2010

WALL STREET 2

Highlights - Couple of 'punch' dialogues from Gordon Gekko , Susan Sarandon ( old but still beautiful) .
k
Wall Street was a cult movie and Gordon Geko was any traders God. In the movie , when Gekko says ' I once said Greed is good.... but now it seems its legal' i expected a fantastic movie to follow - something that would capture the recent turmoil in the financial markets and exaggerate all the wrongdoing - Gekko ishtyle. Perhaps Rajnis Endhiran spiked my senses into expecting a lot of overdramatization and exaggeration. The movie unfortunately falls flat - its not walls street its more of a love storey with Gekko and the street as a back drop.


A big disappointment though not total.

The movie jogged memories of my days with Lehman and the 2007 crash. It started with JP buying Bear Sterns for $2 a share , followed by the collapse of Lehman - then the bailout of banks , tarp and what not. Oh and how could I forget all those rumours of naked short selling and the alleged accusation of Merrill and Goldman conspiring to take their revenge on DIck Fuld and Lehman. Consequently a lot of us lost our jobs , a lot others lost a lot a fortune and lives changed. Wall Street 2 captures some of these moods and plentiful rumours. I am sure , that most of us who had to live through the 08-09 crash would reminiscent those days after watching this movie. I sure am glad that i survived those bitter cold days. They still send a shiver down my spine once in a while - but I sure am glad I made it through

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: