Saturday, May 03, 2008

bits and bytes on accomodation in London

Hi All,
there seems to be a lot of queries regarding accommodation in London, private vs lse halls ..

Here are a couple of mails I got from an ex-lse student.

. In terms of costs, how much is a week at an lse hall? I can give u a comparison with staying elsewhere-anywhere else you'd have to pay a min of 150 a wk for a one bedroom unless u find someone to share with. If u stay in a flat, ud also have to pay council tax of 2000 a year per flat plus utility bills of abt 25-30 a month. Food would be about 50 a week and travel abt 20. So I guess lse is cheapest plus good way to meet people. I guess it all hinges on the course .... Ill try my best to come up with something for you today.
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

Hi Govind,
I would suggest passfield - it has the best social life and is fairly close to lse. Also good are bankside and high holborn. But these three have students of all ages - if u want only master students, go for butlers wharf (was where i stayed).....but drawback is that its quite far away from lse. 35 mins. I dont think u meant that ur options are lse hall and residence - u meant lse hall and intercollegiate residences right? The diff is that the first has only lse students. So id go for that....unless inter college is much cheaper.


Hope this helps

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: