Friday, May 02, 2008

Discrimination and our lot !

Discrimination is my current frustration !

I hate the discrimination that i receive from my own country-men ! I guess, I althemore feel the need to rant out this frustration at this point in my life, when I stay away from my motherland. I hate being classified based on my religion , sex , colour , caste , region or anyother box in which I am supposed to belongl and it gets worse when this discrimination comes from one of my own (people).

The words of John Galt from Ayn Rand's epic novel "Atlast Shrugged" still rings in my ears... "The world you desired can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it's yours. But to win it requires total dedication and a total break with the world of your past, with the doctrine that man is sacrificial animal who exists for the pleasure of others. Fight for the value of your person. Fight for the virtue of your pride. Fight for the essence, which is man, for his sovereign rational mind. Fight with the radiant certainty and the absolute rectitude of knowing that yours is the morality of life and yours is the battle for any achievement, any value, any grandeur, any goodness, any joy that has ever existed on this earth."

This is my prayer as well.

What we need is intellectual honesty. The only way people should be recognised and respected ( and again not discrimnated ) is not by these man made classifications but on the basis of his intellectual capcity. For this we need an 'open mind,' but an active mind - a mind able and eagerly willing to examine ideas, but to examine them criticially.

Only when we embrace each other with an open mind would we be able to discard such discrimination - it is then that we would learn to respect each other.

I look forward to this day. And this is the only ray of optimism that would dare have. Everything else is rubbish.... My role is that of a sketptic and of a hopeless pessimist - and I play my part well.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: